India will elect its newest legislative assembly in 2014. The key word here is ‘legislative’. It’s role is to enact new laws and make sure all laws are followed. Keeping that in mind my questions to the next PM/ruling government, in no particular order:
– e-waste disposal
– national rail/road infrastructure – for highways as well as let mile connectivity for villages
– solving the electric power crisis for businesses and people
– how will u ensure that Indian motorists follow the law?
– parliament reforms? Arun shourie has pointed out that many legislations can be passed by existing laws
– what is your plan to strengthen the judiciary, solve the backlog of cases
– jan lokpal? Many believe that a national monitor is required… How do you plan to handle it? Or what do you propose to curb the rampant corruption
– will you initiate more populist policies like MNREGA etc…
– what is your budget for coming years, how much do you think all your policies will cost and where will you fund it from
– how will you ensure that India turns a more egalitarian society? While it has to breed at the grassroots, but what laws or legislative reforms you think can help in the process
– what is your stance on creating new states? Is it good for economy?
Comments, suggestions any?